Hello everyone! If you haven’t heard, I have a new weekly blog series called “Level Up” where, every Sunday, I’d touch on a way to take your blog and/or business to the next level. You can check out all the other posts in the series here!
Now, something that used to happen to me all the time is that I would finish writing a post, schedule it out, then later realize I completely forgot to add a link or add tags, or even add a graphic sometimes. Or, after the post went up, I’d forget to tweet about it which means I lost potential visitors/views (smhhhh). Then I’d facepalm and hope nobody noticed what was missing (lol) To make sure that doesn’t happen again (well, not as often, at least) I made myself a little blog post checklist for before and after posting! Here are some of the more important things to keep in mind + peep the downloadable at the end to get it all in PDF form….
Before You Post
- Make sure your title is catchy & relevant (check out your topic on Pinterest for help with this!)
- Make sure your post isn’t one long paragraph (break it up and add subheadings!)
- Check your spelling and grammar (download Grammarly to help with this!)
- Credit anyone who needs to be credited
- Link to your own and/or external posts
- Make the URL succinct and relevant to the post
- Add your post to any relevant blog categories
- Add relevant tags to your post
- Add relevant graphics (at least one)
- Add a question at the end for readers to respond to
After You Post
- Share the post on all your social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc)
- Pin shareable post graphic to Pinterest and link to your blog post
- Share your post to any link-drop groups you’re in
- If it’s positive, let people know you mentioned them in your blog post
- Schedule several tweets about the post over the course of the day/week
- Check and respond to comments
- Check post analytics to see how well it’s doing (maybe you want to do a follow-up post if it’s doing really well!)
Aaaand that’s the ultimate blog post checklist! It’s been really helpful for myself to go through the list (though I definitely added more things I realize I need to do) so I thought I’d share! And, with that, congrats we Leveled Up! Now, do you have a checklist of things you do before & after you post? Let me know in the comments below! And don’t forget to grab the free PDF of my checklist below!
And, if you have any questions now or at any point in the Level Up series or if there’s something you generally or specifically want me to talk about, feel free to comment below, tweet me @AvidReaderBlog, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thanks, have a great day/night, and tata for now!