*this post includes affiliate links I have with Amazon*
Hello everyone!! So, a couple weeks ago, I was given the honor of being on the blog tour for The Color Project* by Sierra Abrams and showing it off. I was in the middle of reading TCP and was absolutely loving it but I wasn’t done yet so I said “review coming soon!” Well, for all those on the lookout for that review – and for those who weren’t lol – , this post is my review! Now, before I get into this non-spoilery review, here’s the synopsis of The Color Project, via the oh so wonderful Goodreads:
Bernice Aurora Wescott has one thing she doesn’t want anyone to know: her name. That is, until Bee meets Levi, the local golden boy who runs a charity organization called The Color Project.
Levi is not at all shy about attempting to guess Bee’s real name; his persistence is one of the many reasons why Bee falls for him. But while Levi is everything she never knew she needed, giving up her name would feel like a stamp on forever. And that terrifies her.
When unexpected news of an illness in the family drains Bee’s summer of everything bright, she is pushed to the breaking point. Losing herself in The Color Project—a world of weddings, funerals, cancer patients, and hopeful families that the charity funds—is no longer enough. Bee must hold up the weight of her family, but to do that, she needs Levi. She’ll have to give up her name and let him in completely or lose the best thing that’s ever happened to her.
For fans of Stephanie Perkins and Morgan Matson, THE COLOR PROJECT is a story about the three great loves of life—family, friendship, and romance—and the bonds that withstand tragedy.
Aren’t you in love with the book already? If not, let me see if I can fix that for ya 😉 here’s what I thought of The Color Project*:
- THEY’RE ALL SO REAL OMG like Bee’s thoughts were my thoughts and her actions could have been my actions and it all just felt very honest and interesting and cool! I think her passion for what she does is amazing whether it’s regarding her florist job or with The Color Project!
- The bond between Bee’s family was so sweet and so real and I love how they tease each other and how happy the parents are and it was so wonderful to see.
- Bee and Gretchen’s best friendship was also so so so wonderful as it felt a lot like my best friend and I’s best friendship and I just loved it allllllllllllll
- LEVI AND BEE ARE SO CUTE OMG THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE LEVI’S IN THE WORLD
- The plot of TCP was awesome! Everything that happened was amazing and I love the idea of not wanting to tell people your name – I definitely understand that, but for different reasons – and for all the people who warned me about crying thank you because I had to stop myself from crying several times because I was reading in public and ahhhhhh it was so good and so emotional at times and ohmygosh please read it please but be ready with tissues
- The actual meaning of the title The Color Project was also amazing and – I apologize for the vagueness but – I really really really wish someone would do that (I would but I’m not that rich) but a world with even one thing like what TCP means would be absolutely amazing!
Overall, I absolutely adored The Color Project*! It’s a BEEautiful book (lol I’m so funny) that has helped me through some things and has opened my eyes to other things and honestly, I think this is one of the best books I’ve ever read. It’s very authentic and amazing and I really really really do suggest you read it! I will warn you again though, don’t read TCP in public and be prepared to grab a tissue or even a towel because you will, at the very least, tear up a smidgen (I almost full on sobbed ngl).
Anyways, have you guys read The Color Project* yet?? If so, how many tissues did you have to go through lol? Let me know in the comments below!! If you haven’t read TCP yet, well, what are you doing?! Buy the book* and read it now!!! You will definitely thank me later 😉
Thank you to Sierra for writing such an amazing read and thank you to YOU for reading my review! Have a great day/night and tata for now!!
*this post includes affiliate links I have with Amazon 😀