Hello everyone! So it’s been awhile since I’ve done a Top Ten Tuesday post but I’m trying to blog more and I thought I’d dip my toes in the Top Ten Tuesday posts again, at least for today. Thus, welcome to yet another Top Ten Tuesday, this time about the 2016 books you absolutely NEED to buy and read. Hope you enjoy!
- Crooked Kingdom* by Leigh Bardugo – if you follow me on Twitter, you know I’m more
or lessobsessed with the Six of Crows* duology as the characters, plot, and art surrounding the books are just so dang amazing! Crooked Kingdom is the second (and last) book in the duology and I don’t know how, but it was 100 times better than Six of Crows, and SoC was AWESOME! So definitely get the duology!
- The Way To Game The Walk of Shame* by Jenn P Nguyen – I don’t typically read and/or love contemporary books as I’m more of a fantasy/sci-fi gal but God, was this good! The characters were adorable and real and the plotline was so cute and wonderful and I just absolutely loved it! Definitely a must read!
- Stalking Jack The Ripper* by Kerri Maniscalco – many of you know of my epic love of crime/mystery novels *swoons* and SJTR was one of the best crime/mystery books I’ve read AND it’s YA which is something I don’t typically see within the genre(s)! I gave it 5/5 stars on Goodreads and am now pushing this book on everyone bc it’s just so dang good so consider yourself pushed lol and get/read SJTR!!!
- A Gathering of Shadows* by V.E. Schwab – so I read AGOS over the summer when I was in Egypt and I kid you not, I may or may not have yelled into a pillow afterwards, flailing at the insanity that was THAT ending! Like, AGOS was a combination of all the things I loved from A Darker Shade of Magic* (the first book) with more magic and a competition and new characters AND masks! And then the end killed me and I can’t wait for A Conjuring of Light* which is the third book in the series. I very much recommend reading the ADSOM series!!!
- A Study In Charlotte* by Brittany Cavallaro – considering I love crime/mystery novels, I also very much love Sherlock Holmes and retellings of his adventures. ASIC just so happens to be tied for the best Sherlock retelling with the show “Sherlock”; it’s that awesome! Now if the idea of a YA Sherlock Holmes retelling somehow didn’t appeal to you, what if I tell you that the Sherlock Holmes is actually Charlotte Holmes (YAS ON GENDER-BENT SHERLOCK) AND it’s set in a boarding school!? It’s basically the marvelous combination of four of my top most favorite things – Sherlock, retellings, gender-bent, boarding school – AND IT’S ONLY THE FIRST BOOK! Ahhhhh!!!! Totally recommend this to anyone and everyone!
- A Court of Mist and Fury* by Sarah J Maas – hahahahahahaha this book messed me up bad like the characterization was so on point, Feyre’s (the MC) journey in and out of abuse and love, the plotlines and then the freaking insanity ending (it’s even worse than AGOS) literally made me die inside after I finished ACOMAF (see spoilery review of it here) and I am still dying over it today! I NEED MOREEEEEEEE and you need to read this series today!!!!
- The Crown’s Game* by Evelyn Skye – I literally have no words to say except that if you like getting your heart broken in a million pieces by endings, magic, The Night Circus*, and the colour gold, then you really ought to read The Crown’s Game and pre-order the second book The Crown’s Fate*!!!!
- The Long Game* by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – here’s the thing, I’m a sucker for books that are set in DC because I live in that area and I’m even more of a sucker for YA that are like political crime/mystery books and God, did I become a sucker for The Long Game and its first book, The Fixer*. SO BEYOND GOOD!!!!!!! The worst part though is that The Long Game ends on a cliffhanger-ish BUT THERE’S NO OTHER BOOKS PLANNED FOR THE SERIES!!!! *SOBS* Still, I highly highly highly suggest reading the (accidental) duology and then anguishing (is that a word?) with me over the ending because goshdarn gracious The Fixer and The Long Game are AMAZING!!!
- All The Feels* by Danika Stone – this book is basically the geek’s dream! It involves cons & cosplay & fanfics & geeky romance & stardom and amazingness all around! Seriously loved reading it and I reallllllllly recommend reading it!!!!
- Truthwitch* by Susan Dennard – okay so I’m slightly biased because I’m on the street team for the Truthwitch series (Aether Clan represent!) but I wouldn’t be on the street team if I didn’t love the series. Truthwitch is basically magic + Avatar The Last Airbender + witches + an awesome best friendship + really cute guys. It’s just plain wonderfulness wrapped in one book and the second book, Windwitch*, comes out in only a couple weeks!!!!
Aaaaaand that’s all for the 2016 recs! I know there were a lot more awesome 2016 books but I could only pick 10 *tear, tear* Thankfully, the 10 I picked are pretty awesome picks if I do say so myself LOL Have you read any of them? If so, let me know down below which one(s) and what you thought! Also let me know if you plan on reading any of the books above and/or buying them! Thanks, have a great day/night and tata for now!
*This is an affiliate link I have with Amazon🙂