Hello everyone!! So today I get to be part of the awesome #PiqueWeek blog tour with a review of Iron Cast* by Destiny Soria! Before I get into the awesomeness that is IC, let me tell you a little more about Iron Cast and Pique Week!
About Pique Week:
Abrams Books’ launched a new YA website called Pique Beyond! Pique is all about going beyond the book. Not only do they highlight exclusive excerpts and quotes from new and upcoming books, but they peel back the cover and show us the behind-the-scenes stuff: how books are made, what the authors were thinking, and how it all comes together. This week, they’re highlighting all of their newest titles, and honest to God, it looks AWESOME! You can visit the site at piquebeyond.com or follow them on Twitter and Instagram at @piquebeyond!
About Iron Cast:
Iron Cast* by Destiny Soria
Release Date: October 11, 2016
It’s Boston, 1919, and the Cast Iron club is packed. On stage, hemopaths—whose “afflicted” blood gives them the ability to create illusions through art—Corinne and Ada have been best friends ever since infamous gangster Johnny Dervish recruited them into his circle. By night they perform for Johnny’s crowds, and by day they con Boston’s elite. When a job goes wrong and Ada is imprisoned, she realizes how precarious their position is. After she escapes, two of the Cast Iron’s hires are shot, and Johnny disappears. With the law closing in, Corinne and Ada are forced to hunt for answers, even as betrayal faces them at every turn. An ideal next read for fans of Libba Bray’s The Diviners.
Sounds interesting right? Well, it is and let me tell you…..
IT’S SO FREAKING GOOD OHMYGOD literally flawless!!!!!! Okay let me list the reasons but seriously read this book PLEASE!
- Ada, Corinne and the other awesome characters in the book are written so well and so interestingly! Their interactions, different “powers”, chemistry, personalities, different relationships, and actions are just so real and on pointe with how the character would act through the entire book!
- THE SETTINGS OMG literally awesome and so well described and it felt like I was actually there and had a mini movie in my head that could be playing IRL for all I know but YESSSSSSS
- THE ENDING AND DIFFERENT SURPRISES AND OMG Y’ALL WILL DIE IT’S SO GOOD
- the COVER! Ok I know, “don’t judge a book by its cover” but that’s so wrong. Judge this one; it’s as beautiful and wonderful on the outside as it is inside and I just want all formats of this and all the swag and just *heart eyes*
- LITERALLY ALL OF IT IS AWESOME PLEASE READ THIS
*straightens outfit and hair* Ok I think that’s all for the review. Totally didn’t (not) flail once or yell at all (HA). LOL anyways, seriously, this book was good. Like from the beginning good which is a bit hard to do. Sometimes, the book only picks up after a couple chapters in but this one really started and ended with a bang and it was GOOD. Please please pleaseeeeee buy it (it’s only $10* for the HC on Amazon! OMG), read it and then flail with me afterwards because this book is one of my faves of the YEAR now! So good! *dramatic faint at the awesomeness*
Thank you to Nicole from Pique Beyond/Abrams Books and Destiny for organizing this blog tour and letting me review Iron Cast! And thank you to YOU for reading the post! Before you leave though, follow the rest of the tour! Have a great day/night and tata for now!