Hello peoples!! So if you guys have been hanging around for the last month or so, especially on Twitter, you know that me and Michelle have been horrible teasers and that I have another awesome announcement to….announce so let’s begin!
Announcement #1: I’m Teaming Up With UNICEF
Okay so I’m not officially officially teaming up with UNICEF but I’ve loved the charity for literally forever and I finally am integrating UNICEF into my blogger life! How? Well know my Society 6 and Red Bubble shops? Ya? Well 25% of all total sales from both shops during the month of October will go to UNICEF! Yup 25%!! In my personal life, I’ve been saving money to put in my donation box and will be adding that to the 25% as well! And guess what? If you email me your receipt saying you bought at least one design, then you will be sent a digital Halloween/Fall type design of your choice! And the more you buy and email me, the more designs you can collect! There will probably be a total of 5 designs so just keep that in mind….I’m almost done working on them so you I should be able to show you guys what they are within the next couple days!
I’m really excited about this and I hope that you guys buy and donate as UNICEF is an amazing charity! It helps out women and children in third world countries receive the healthcare, education, food and safety supplies that are needed to at least survive. They’re a wonderful organization that I’ve loved for years and I’m happy I get to do something for them this year. To get started, go on over to my Society 6 shop or Red Bubble shop and get a little something for yourself! Also, feel free to also send me design requests!
Announcement #2: Sign Up For The Hogwarts House Cup
Okay so I’ve been meaning to announce this for a while but I guess it’s fitting I do this today as, also during the month of October, me, Michelle, Allie M and Aoife are hosting the first ever Hogwarts House Cup for all our fellow witches, wizards, squibs and muggles! The rules are simple but first let me explain….
What is the Hogwarts House Cup?
The HHC is, at its core, a readathon that has been combined with some awesome non-reading challenges! Basically, you join your House and collect points. The amount of pages you’ll read during the readathon is the amount of base House Points you collect for your House. So if you read two 500-pages books, you’ll earn 1000 points for your House. The House with the most Points at the end of the readathon wins the House Cup. But oh wait there’s more! Each non reading challenge also has points assigned to it so pay attention as you complete the tasks and rack up points!
How will this work?
The readathon/challenges will start on October 10th, until November 6th. During this time you’ll have plenty of time to read and accomplish additional challenges as well as participate in the weekly Twitter chats. These will be hosted by the four Heads of Houses: Angel (ME!)(Slytherin), Aoife (Ravenclaw), Allie (Gryffindor) and Michelle (Hufflepuff). Of course, keep in mind that we will be checking if you’re following all the rules so make sure you’re not cheating or you could hurt your House and its chances of winning.
The chats are on each Friday at 6 PM in our own timezones:
Friday 14th: Allie UTC+8
Friday 21st: Michelle CEST
Friday 28th: Aoife GMT
Friday (November) 4th: Angel EST
All chats will be hosted on @CupHogwarts so be sure to follow that account, also because of all the information and announcements will be posted there! We also have an Instagram: cuphogwartshouse where we’ll post examples of the photo challenges (hopefully LOL) and repost our faves!
Now, to make sure your points are counted as you update and post, please make sure you add on the overall hashtag (#HHCup) as well as your House’s hashtag. Those are:
- #SHHCup (for Slytherin)
- #GHHCup (for Gryffindor)
- #HHHCup (for Hufflepuff)
- #RHHCup (for Ravenclaw)
What Are The Challenges?
So there are three different challenges/contests…..
These are without the Points you’ll get for the amount of pages. So let’s say you’ll read a red, 100-pages book, you’ll get 105 Points. Remember, to ensure you get any points for your house, tag any update with #HHCup and your House’s hashtag!
- Read at least 7 books – 35 Points
- A red book – 5 points
- A blue book – 5 points
- A green book – 5 points
- A yellow book – 5 points
- Read an orange book for Halloween – 5 points
- Read a book every day of the month – 155 points
- Read 3 books featuring magic (NOT Harry Potter) – 15 points
- Read a book with a clown in it – 5 points
- Read a book you don’t want to read at night – 5 points
- Read a book featuring a ghost/ghosts (NOT Harry Potter) – 5 points
- Read a book that came out this October – 5 points
- Read a book that came out in 1997 – 5 points
Pictures can be posted on either Instagram or Twitter, you CAN post them on both platforms, but that won’t give you any extra Points. Your Head of House will check. To ensure you can get points for your house, tag any pictures & tweets with #HHCup and your House’s hashtag!
- Draw or act out your most favourite scene from Harry Potter (books or movie, doesn’t matter), or make a photo comic! Be as creative as you want – 20 points
- Draw, act out etc. your least favourite scene from Harry Potter (books or movie, doesn’t matter), maybe parody it! – 25 points
- Make your very own wand – 15 points
- Wear your House colours as a normal, everyday outfit for the entire day! – 15 points
- Watch one scary movie (post a picture of your screen to prove that you’re watching!) – 5 points
- Watch all 8 Harry Potter movies (again, post proof please) – 40 points
- Write a short story featuring magic, pumpkins and the word ‘clutterbucket’. Minimum of 200 words. – 30 points
- Write your own Wizard Rock song – 10 points
- Tweet about your favourite hero and baddie – 2 points
- Pick a side, good or evil? And who is your partner in awesomeness/crime? Post your answer to Twitter! – 2 points
- Cosplay as one of the characters – 10 points
- Make TWO food items/recipes inspired by Harry Potter (example: Butterbeer!) – 15 points
There will be two contests every week and you can participate in both (if you want). Winner will be determined on Sundays and shall get 20 points. Pictures can be posted on either Instagram or Twitter, you CAN post them on both platforms, but that won’t give you any extra Points. Your Head of House will check. To ensure you can get points for your house, tag any pictures & tweets with #HHCup and your House’s hashtag!
1. Post a picture of your Halloween outfit (or for those who don’t wear costumes anymore, post a TBT!)
2. Post a picture featuring feathers
1. Post a picture of a book and a Halloween themed snack
2. Post a picture featuring a subtle nod to Harry Potter
1. Post a murder-themed picture
2. Post a picture featuring your House colours
1. Make a Harry Potter themed art project and post a pic of it! – everybody gets 15 points for creating something, the winner gets an extra amount of points of 20 (and all the honour and glory of course)
2. Show off your Harry Potter collection
Remember, it’s totally up to you which challenges you participate in, if any! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask any of the Head of Houses, we don’t bite! ….Except on Halloween maybe 😉
Don’t forget to follow @CupHogwarts on Twitter and cuphogwartshouse on Instagram as well as all the Heads of Houses’ social media (linked above). Don’t forget the hashtags (especially #HHCup!) and most importantly: