Hi. I’m Angel and I’m currently dead. Why? BC OF THIS GOODNESS GRACIOUS BOOK NAMED A COURT OF MIST AND FURY* BY SARAH J MAAS. Now this post is meant to be a review of sorts. Really it will be a rant and fangirl session that will be me trying not to talk in all caps and say OHMYGOD and I’M DEAD a ton but probs failing so please bear with me. Oh and as I note in the title, there will be tons of spoilers. I’m doing it this way for once for the other 2% of this “review” not filled with OHMYGOD and I’M DEAD. If you want to continue, go press read more and feel my anguish. YAY. Continue reading
Hello everyone! So in the last year or so, I’ve seen a shift in the type of book swag people can get. What I mean is that, previously, the only types of book swag I saw was posters and (usually boring) bookmarks. Now, there’s so much more bookish swag you can get when you pre-order a book or go to a convention and I think that’s wonderful! So here’s some of the cooler forms of book swag I’ve seen that I really like….hope you enjoy:
- maps, maps, maps, mapsssssssss: I don’t know how many posters of maps I have hanging in my room right now but I can tell you I definitely need/want more. Currently most maps are just part of a book and while that’s awesome, we need more map posters!
- posters: speaking of posters, I LOVE THEM! They’re a perfect way to show off your fave book on your wall for all the world to see!
- trading cards: since receiving A Gathering of Shadows trading cards, I have been in love with them. The art is just so beautiful and they’re just so cool!
- tote bags: need something sturdy enough (and cool enough) to carry both books and groceries? Then get a bookish tote! They’re near everywhere these days and they’re just so perfect! I love em so much!
- buttons: mini things that you can put on your tote, backpack or shirt that show off your fave book? Yes please!
- shirts: who hasn’t wanted a Camp Halfblood shirt or one on Harry Potter etc? They’re a really artsy and cool way to show off your fave fandom!
- magnets: I don’t know what it is about magnets but they’re so much fun and cool to have and when you add that they’re bookish magnets, everything is just so much better
- ARC boxes: sometimes, when you get an advanced reader’s copy (ARC), they come in some really cool boxes. Like the Six of Crows ARC box, for example, had wings on it and, depending on the one you got, featured some really interesting/awesome swag in it!
Okay now the last two are not exactly swag you can (always) get when you preorder a book but they’re still really cool bookish merch:
- pouches/pillows: any way that I can have more art based on my fave book is absolutely amazing in my book (LOL)
- mini sculptures: okay I may be biased here because I make little fandom sculptures and love them but they’re so cool!
Well that’s it for today folks! What did you guys think; what are your fave forms of swag? What’s your fave swag you’ve ever gotten? Tell me all your thoughts in the comments below! Also please comment with future Top Ten post ideas; it’d be much appreciated! Last thing, I have a giveaway running that I think all you people would love if you like bookish swag!Thank you! Have a great day/night and tata for now!
Hello there! So yes, for the first time EVER, I’m doing my own actual giveaway…..ish. Okay here’s the thing, today (May 16, 2016) there is a sale at Red Bubble for 20% off EVERYTHING. And I thought – as I looked at one of my graphic designs that could be a colouring design – why not do a little giveaway? Sooooo here’s the deal:
Starting now (7 pm EST, May 16, 2016) until tomorrow May 17, 2016 at 11:59 pm EST, I will send everyone (via email) a downloadable of the colouring design WHEN you buy at least one (1) thing from my Red Bubble store. Just email me your receipt/proof of purchase and I will send the design to you!
Some extra rules:
– don’t return the Red Bubble product after you get the design, that’s not cool
– don’t sell, license, reproduce etc my design in order to gain profit (or anything) whether you “market” it as your own, someone else’s or mine.
– the product has to be from MY Red Bubble store and you have to send me proof of purchase by 11:59 pm EST on Tuesday, May 17, 2016. I will not send you the design if you have not bought something of mine and/or if you haven’t sent proof of purchase by 11:59 pm EST on May 17, 2016 (aka tomorrow).
Sound good? Awesome! See you in my inbox and hope you enjoy!! Thanks and have a great day/night!
Hello lovelies!! So yesterday I was thinking of the ways I’m starting to make money as a result of blogging and designing and the other business opportunities I want to get into and remembered how long it took me to get this far. I remembered looking up “how to make money from blogging” a lot over the years and finding so much nothing to be honest. It was nothing that I could do as a young blogger (yes I am young-ish) so when I kinda realized yesterday that I am finally making money, I thought I’d share my ways and (tbh limited) knowledge and hopefully help people make money faster.
Before we start I want to say IT IS OK TO WANT TO MAKE MONEY from blogging/online things (as long as it’s not illegal). There used to be people who would say “other book bloggers do this for free so no one is going to buy from you” but that is SO NOT TRUE. Blogging is a job and like any other job we should be paid and that’s been my mantra lately. Imma make money some way bc I love what I do and I want to do better and that means I need money. So do as you do and do it well and you will get paid.
Understood? Ok let’s do this. The ways I make all the moneys are:
- Read-to-Reviews: yes the books you get to review – whether ARCs or nah – count as money, not because you can sell them yourself, but because they are books you could buy from the store or that were paid by publishers/authors to send to you. Books do have a monetary value.
- Graphic Designs: I have two online shops for bookish designs and my photography – Red Bubble and Society 6 – as well as a more business-oriented shop for people like bloggers, authors and companies. So far I’ve made a total of $16.10 from the design shops and got a book as payment for doing a design for Cyra from Rattle The Pages.
Now that’s it in terms of money I’ve actually made. There’s a ton of other options to make money, some of which I’m exploring/already part of. Here’s my 5 fave ways:
- Affiliates with Amazon (I’m part of this but have made no money yet), Book Depository and (I think) Barnes & Noble
- Workbooks/How To Books
- Subscription Box
- Sponsored Posts
Aaaaaand that’s it I think. Those are the different ways I make money and have seen other people make money. If you have any questions on any of these, just comment below or tweet me and I’m happy to answer or direct you to someone who can better answer your question(s). Now tell me, have you thought of making money online? Do you already do so? Have any tips, ideas or tricks? Tell me all your thoughts in the comments below! Thank you! Have a great day/night and tata for now!
**Want a FREE downloadable on the info you just read? Click here!**
Hello guys! So I’m finally back with a Top Ten Tuesday after pretty much forever. I’ve been in a bit of a blogging slump for a while but I’m finally getting over it and this marks the beginning of a new chapter hopefully! And, since today is the first week of the month, the following post is going to be the Top Ten Anticipated Releases of May. Hope you enjoy:
- A Court of Mist and Fury* by Sarah J. Maas (already preordered this!)
- Ruined* by Amy Tintera
- Please Don’t Tell* by Laura Tims (way excited for this one!)
- The Trials of Apollo #1: The Hidden Oracle* by Rick Riordan (whoooo!!!)
- The Crown* by Kiera Cass
- The Girl I Used to Be* by April Henry
- The Square Root of Summer* by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
- The Last Time We Were Us* by Leah Konen
- The Crown’s Game* by Evelyn Skye (I actually read this and thought it was AMAZING so I def suggest you preorder it!)
- Lies I Live By* by Lauren Sabel
Well that’s it for today folks! What did you guys think; are any of the books above on your most anticipated reads list for May? What else is on your list? Tell me all your thoughts in the comments below! Also please comment with future Top Ten post ideas; it’d be much appreciated! Thank you! Have a great day/night and tata for now!
*This is an affiliate link I have with Amazon